Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Day of "Skoo"


Ready for "skoo"

Today was Sophia's first official day at "skoo" (that's what she calls it). Drop off was a little rough for her but I think it may have been harder for Joey. I did pretty well at work, only thought about her every 2 minutes or so. When it was finally time to pick her up I was so ready to see her I was speeding the whole way there. I ran up to the door and the minute she saw me she got very excited and then started to cry. Seemed like kind of a release of stored up anxiety. I saw her face and I started to cry. So much for not letting her see me cry.

When we talked about her day this evening I asked her if she a good day. She said she did. Then Joey asked her if she cried at school and she said " Yes, I cry bye bye!" We also asked her if she wanted to go back tomorrow and she said she did.

I am relieved! I was pretty sure she would be fine but I wasn't sure how Joey and I would handle it. We did better than I thought. Yay Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how's it going?